COVID-19 and Pediatric Cardiac Care
No matter what is happening in the world, children with congenital heart disease are being born, and they need high-quality care. While travel restrictions and health risks have temporarily suspended our in-person training exchanges, Children’s HeartLink is increasing remote engagement to provide timely information specific to COVID-19 and pediatric cardiac care, and redesigning our training to be delivered via remote technology.
This page has been created to provide authoritative and timely resources about the coronavirus COVID-19 and pediatric cardiac care. Check back for regular updates.
Resources for Providers
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID‐19) Pandemic Implications in Pediatric and Adult Congenital Heart Disease from Journal of the American Heart Association
- The American Heart Association and the American Academy of Pediatrics Interim Guidance for Basic and Advanced Life Support in Children and Neonates With Suspected or Confirmed COVID-19
- Survey on the Impact of COVID-19 on Pediatric Cardiac Programs from the World Society of Pediatric and Congenital Heart Surgery, the European Congenital Heart Surgeons Association and the Congenital Heart Surgeons’ Society
- Resource Allocation and Decision Making for Pediatric and Congenital Cardiac Catheterization During the COVID-19 Pandemic from Journal of Invasive Cardiology
- Statement on Pediatric and Fetal Echocardiography During the Coronavirus Outbreak from the American Society of Echocardiography
- COVID 19: Crisis Management in Congenital Heart Surgery from The Annals of Thoracic Surgery (pre-proof)
Characteristics and Outcomes of Children With Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Infection Admitted to US and Canadian Pediatric Intensive Care Units from JAMA Pediatrics (3 of the 48 children had CHD)
Resources for Patients and Families
- COVID-19 and Congenital Heart Defects: What You Need to Know developed by Children’s HeartLink and the Global Alliance for Rheumatic and Congenital Hearts
Read our blog post: Inside Our Partner Hospitals during COVID-19 Pandemic
The COVID-19 pandemic is a rapidly evolving situation. This resource page is intended for informational purposes only and is not intended as medical advice. Children’s HeartLink is not endorsing or vouching for, has not vetted or evaluated, and is not responsible for, the quality of information provided by third parties.