Advocacy is a powerful force for positive change!
This toolkit was developed by Children’s HeartLink and Global Alliance for Rheumatic and Congenital Hearts to help individuals and organizations advocate to improve the health and well-being of congenital and rheumatic heart disease patients. It offers information and practical tools on how to carry out advocacy efforts in your community.
View the toolkit now to learn how to identify advocacy goals and how to communicate them to different audiences. We’ve included examples of key messages, letters to policy makers and other materials that can help anyone make the case for needed action.
Who is this toolkit for?
The toolkit is for patient and family organizations, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), civil society groups, professional organizations/societies and individuals. We encourage users to adapt and update the resources we’ve provided to reflect the situation in their country and region.
The advocacy toolkit has five sections:
- Section 1: Why – Define the problem
- Section 2: What – Define advocacy goals
- Section 3: Why – Determine target audiences
- Section 4: How – Making and executing an advocacy plan and developing key messages
- Section 5: Measuring Success – Change measuring success to measuring impact
Click here to view the toolkit!
Learn more about advocacy at Children’s HeartLink.